Benefits of Membership
- Through strategic partnerships, life-long learning about marketing principles and applications is encouraged.
- Opportunities for professional marketers to dialogue and meet.
- Membership based on strong academic qualifications and field experience, thereby attesting to the value and quality of credentials earned by members.
- Accreditation of several marketing programs of Canadian colleges and universities enhances value of academic credentials of many members.
- Members may publish in the Institute’s journal and flagship publication – Marketing Canada.
- Affiliation with an ethics-based organization of professional marketers.
- Letters of support offered to members competing for career opportunities or projects that attest to the meaning and value of the credentials of the member.
- Global recognition of the mission of the Institute (To be recognized by business, governments and academia as the governing body for professional marketers in Canada) lends credibility to the value of membership both domestically and abroad.
- An interactive website for sharing information and knowledge.
- A forum on the website for posting resumes of members and for companies searching for professional marketers.
- By adhering to marketing principles and the Institute’s code of ethics, members set standards of practice for others to follow.
- Promotion of the Institute and value of membership at conferences, seminars, career fairs, student marketing competitions and partnerships with organizations involved in delivering marketing seminars and certificate/post graduate diplomas.
- Seminars held in Toronto through winter and spring seasons (Subway Series of Seminars)
- Awards and stipends granted to members who take on projects and positions of responsibility for the Institute.
- Opportunity to work as a volunteer on community outreach projects to help organizations unable to retain the services of professional marketers. This program provides experience for members in need of marketing experience to advance to full membership, or to keep marketing skills current.
- Maintenance of a database of individuals interested in the activities and programs of the Institute for promoting the value of membership and credentials held by members.
- Certificate of Registration offered to professional members holding the designation MCInst.M to practise as a Registered Professional Marketer with a renewal period of two years based on a mandatory program of continuing education and professional development.
- Can obtain full membership, if already a full member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing ( UK)
- Membership Directory posted on the Institute’s Web site for members wishing to be publicly listed under certain areas of marketing.
- Associate and Full Members residing in Canada or in another country may serve on Council.
- Job and project leads received by the Institute are distributed to the membership.
- The Institute maintains a close relationship with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK) (largest professional marketing institute in the world) thereby providing additional opportunities for some members to develop international careers through educational programs and certifications of the CIM UK.
- Opportunity to attend the annual general meeting to have input into the Institute’s strategic plan ands initiatives.
- Opportunity to become a member of the College of Fellows of the Canadian Institute of Marketing and achieve the designation FCInst.M. The College is the advisory council of the Canadian Institute of Marketing and is comprised of senior marketers who have been recognized for distinctive practice or contributions to the Institute.